Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Exeter Township Volunteer Fire Department (ETVFD).
The ETVFD was established in January 2009 by the consolidation of the Reiffton Fire Company and Stonersville Fire Company. Located in Exeter Township, Berks County, the ETVFD is located two miles east of the City of Reading and fifty miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia. The Exeter Township Volunteer Fire Department is dedicated to protecting the life and property of the residents of Exeter Township and St. Lawrence Borough.
Below is some information that you may find useful during your consideration to join the ETVFD. If you do not find the answers to your questions, please do not hesitate to contact us through the form below, call our station at 610-779-8848, or stop by and speak with an officer.
Volunteer Firefighting ... More Than Fighting Fires
Firefighting is not for everyone, but volunteering can be!
The ETVFD offers a number of opportunities to serve your community through the volunteer fire service, and much of it has nothing to do with firefighting.
The fire service is not for everyone. You need more than just a desire to help people in order to succeed. You need courage, dedication, assertiveness, and an open mind to learn new skills and face new challenges. You will also need to have the time for training sessions, meetings, emergency responses, and various other functions.
There are many other ways to assist your community through the ETVFD. These include EMS/Medical services, Junior Firefighting, Recruitment, Fund-Raising, Record-Keeping, Financial Services, Building Renovations, and Community Service.
The personal rewards and satisfaction received from the volunteer fire service give every member a sense of accomplishment when a goal is achieved. The brotherhood and teamwork exemplified within the fire service helps individuals develop and maintain friendships. The information learned through the fire service will also help you achieve your goals both educationally and professionally.
If you are looking for a change of pace in your life or if you would like to make yourself a more well rounded individual look into joining the ETVFD.
Any person interested in becoming a member, please complete the perspective member inquiry form.
- Active Members (Participates in all firefighting activities)
- Fire Police Unit (Assist with Traffic Control at emergencies or public service details)
- Support Members (Provides assistance with administrative functions and other public relation details)
- Live-In Members (See our Live-In page for more info)
- Junior Members (Ages 14-17, providing an entry into the fire service for young members to see what all the fire service has to offer)
- Fire and emergency services are one of the most diverse and challenging professions. The diversity in this line of work is what inspires most men and women to volunteer in the fire service. Members must train and prepare to cope with situations that range from building fires to water rescue to hazardous materials incidents to medical problems, and almost any other emergency situation.