Exeter Township and St. Lawrence Boro Residents are provided with 24/7/365 round the clock fire/medical coverage. The members of the ETVFD put countless hours of training and dedication in to provide the highest level or protection possible. The municipal officials recognize the sacrifices made by the members and want to reward them for the timeless dedication. They have broken this down into two categories; Full Incentive and Staff Incentive.
To receive the "Full Incentive" a member must make at minimum 15% of Fire Emergency Responses and 3 ETVFD Training Exercises a quarter. (Junior Members must only achieve 10% of Fire Emergency Responses)
To receive the "Staffing Incentive" a member did not meet the criteria for "Full Incentive" however they put time in and "staffed" the firehouse and made one training session a quarter.
**NOTE: If you attend a training class lasting 16+ hours in any given quarter, that class will fulfill the required 3 training exercises. Example: A member taking EMT during a quarter will not have to attend any additional training in order to be eligible for the incentive program.
2. Checks will be issued to eligible members based on the above on a quarterly basis:
a. Balance of Fourth Quarter and First Quarter = December of Previous Year AND January through March (Receive Check in April)
b. Second Quarter = April through June (Receive Check in July)
c. Third Quarter = July through September (Receive Check in October)
d. Partial Fourth Quarter (October / November) and End of Year (Receive Check in December)
e. Members MUST respond to a minimum of 15% of fire emergency responses annually and 12 training exercises annually in order to receive the end of year incentive check.
**Junior Firefighters Must Only Achieve 10% of Fire Emergency Responses.
f. Staffing members MUST participate in 3 shifts per quarter, 12 shifts per year, and 4 ETVFD training sessions per year in order to receive their quarterly and yearly incentive.
g. All quarterly reports and incentive distributions will be reviewed by the fire chiefs and the ETVFD personnel committee prior to the approval of the check disbursements.
3. End of the Year - Years of Service Incentive
a. All members will receive an incentive based on their years of continuous service with the ETVFD from their join date.
b. All members will receive an incentive based on the number of years of service calculated in the current incentive year.
4. End of the Year - Training Incentive
a. All members will receive an incentive based on their training level on the first day of the fourth quarter (October 1st).
b. All members will only receive compensation for their highest level of training.
c. All members must provide proof of certification.
5. The incentive program will be limited to $12,000 per year, per member. No member will be eligible to receive more than this amount in a calendar year.
6. Run Reports, Training Logs, and Community Event Logs:
a. A run report must be completed for every emergency incident.
b. All members must sign the run report within 15 minutes of the termination of the event. After 15 minutes the run report will be locked in a predetermined location.
c. If a member is not able to sign the run within the allotted 15 minutes, he or she must notify the officer in charge within 24 hours of the incident in order to receive credit for that event.
d. An officer or member may print a person’s name for an individual and put his or her initials next to the name.
e. If you sign a run sheet, you must remain at station until the units go available or the units return to station. (Special Exceptions May Apply)
7. All decisions and changes to the incentive program will be approved by the fire chief and the Exeter Township Fire Advisory Board Personnel Committee.
8. The fire chief has the ability to make discretionary decisions for credits being awarded to members. The decisions will be documented and reported in the quarterly report.
9. The Exeter Township Volunteer Fire Department Housemen are not eligible to receive the incentive for responses while on duty as a houseman.
10. If a member chooses to leave the ETVFD or is expelled from the ETVFD in the middle of any given quarter or prior to the distribution of a quarterly incentive check, the member will forfeit his or her incentive check for the quarter and any future consideration for future inventive checks (i.e. end of year incentive check).