Ambulance Service Contact Information
Station / On-Duty Crew: 610-779-8848 Extension 3
General EMS Questions: email@example.com
Physical Address: 46 West 33rd Street, Reading PA 19606
Mailing Address: PO Box 3827, Reading PA 19606
Exeter Township 2017 Ambulance
Subscription Membership Program
*** Our membership program is currently only available to residents of Exeter Township, Berks County, PA ***
Building a Better Ambulance Service for You...
Over the past year we have taken great steps to increase the level of service we provide! We are very proud to have added advanced equipment such as the LUCAS CPR device, to have obtained recognition from the Department of Health as a specialized “Prepared for Pediatrics” ambulance service, and to have added Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians to our staff. This makes us one of the mostly highly trained and equipped ambulance services in Berks County! Despite our increase in service, we have kept our subscription rates the same. Therefore we need your support to continue to provide this service! Please consider subscribing and donating
Benefits of Subscription Membership...
Although many patients have medical insurance coverage of some type, most insurance plans cover only a portion of the fees associated with transportation to the hospital, or will pay for only those fees they consider to be “usual and customary.” Unfortunately, this amount is usually far below our cost to provide 24-hour a day emergency ambulance service to the community. Any portion of the fees not covered by private insurance becomes an out-of-pocket expense for you, the patient.
However, as an Ambulance Subscription Member, we will only bill your primary and secondary insurance providers – not you! Payment from a subscription member’s insurance carrier will satisfy all obligations to us for services rendered.***
Non-members are responsible for payment in full for services, regardless of the amount covered by their insurance carrier. Non-members shall forward any payments received directly from their insurance carrier to the Exeter Township FD Ambulance immediately upon receipt.
While you will still receive emergency ambulance service if you do not subscribe to this program, we strongly encourage all residents to participate in order to avoid costs above and beyond what typical insurance will cover.
Types of Coverage Offered...
- Individual Subscriber $35.00 (per person annually)
- Household Subscriber $50.00 (which includes 2 or more persons who legally live at the same address)
Your subscription will become effective on the date which we receive your payment (check or electronic payment) and it will be valid for the calendar year.
*** All patients will be responsible for a minimum charge of $100 if you request 911 ambulance services and you are evaluated, treated, and/or assisted with lifting by our ambulance personnel at the scene but refuse transport to the hospital.
How to participate in the Subscription Membership Program...
- Subscribe by Mail
- Complete and return the Membership Form you received in the mail, or if you did not receive one, download a copy here.
- Be sure to fully complete the form and to keep your portion!
- Enclose a check that covers the full amount of the membership coverage level you wish to have payable to "Exeter Township Fire Department"
- Mail your form and check to:
Exeter Township Fire Department
Attention: Ambulance Membership
PO Box 3827
Reading PA 19606
- Subscribe Online
- Click Here to go to the Online Registration Page
- You can pay via PayPal or Credit Card using the "DONATE" Link at the bottom of this page.
- Be sure to note your PayPal Receipt Number - we'll want you to include that in your online registration.
- Subscribe by Telephone
- If you wish, we can assist you with subscribing to our program via telephone.
- Please call (610) 779-8848 extension 3. If we are not available, please leave a message and we will return your call.